- Attire and appearance
- The IJ Uniform
- Shoes and Sock
- Hair and Accessories
- Electronic Equippment
- Respect for National Anthem
- Absence from School
- Consequences of wrongful conduct
- Attire and Appearance
- Detention Class
- Suspension / Expulsion
Attire and Appearance
The IJ School Uniform
- Every pupil must come to school in full uniform i.e correct shade of blue pinafore and belt over a white blouse, with the school badge of office (if any).
- Badges should be worn in this order on the left yoke of the pinafore:
- The white school blouse should be buttoned at all times, especially the collar button.
- The sleeves of the white school blouse should not be folded.
- The length of the blue pinafoe should be in the region just above the knee to mid-knee.
- Pupils are to wear the prescribed school uniform and modification to the uniform is not allowed.
- Belts should be fastened at the waist with a hook on a single bar. Multiple bars and Velcro are not allowed.
- The complete school uniform must be worn at all times when pupils report to school, even during school holidays, for CCAs or enrichment classes
Shoes and Socks
- White school shoes are to be worn.
- Sports shoes may only be worn on medical grounds.
- Sports shoes for CCA purpose should be worn during CC sessions only after permission has been sought.
- Socks must be plain white and worn with at least one fold to cover the ankle bone.
- Pupils must wear the correct attire for PE i.e.
P1 – 2: round-necked CHIJ Primary T-shirt tucked into navy blue shorts.
P3 – 6: collared CHIJ Primary PE or House T-shirt tucked into navy blue shorts.
Hair and Accessories
- Hair should be styled simply, kept neat and tidy.
- Hairstyles with ‘tails’ or dyed hair are strictly forbidden.
- Shoulder length hair must be kept tied into a pony tail or plated.
- Hair accessories must be white, black or navy blue.
- Fingernails should be kept short and clean.
- No nail polish or strengthener should be applied to fingernails.
- Only one pair of small and simple gold ear studs may be worn.
- Necklaces / bangles / rings of a religious nature which are inconspicuous are permitted. Only one religion item may be worn at one time.
- Other ornamental accessories like friendship bands, bracelets, etc. are not permitted.
- Pupils are allowed to bring mobile phones to school only when necessary.
- Pupils are to take full responsibility for the use and safekeeping of their mobile phones.
- Mobile phones must be switched off at all times during school hours. Use of mobile phones by pupils is restricted to after curriculum hours at the canteen and
- Pupils are not allowed to bring portable CD/DVD players, MP3/4 players, VCDs, DVDs, & CDs, or any other electronic devices, toys and expensive items to school.
- Pupils must arrive in school by 7.40am and proceed to the school’s parade square for flag-raising ceremony.
- Pupils are considered late if they are not standing with their classes at the flag-raising ceremony. On rainy days, pupils are considered late if they arrive after 7.45am.
- No one is allowed to remain in class, unsupervised, during the morning assembly or during the recess assembly.
Respect for National Anthem / School Song
- Pupils who are Singapore Citizens must sing the National Anthem and takes the Pledge. Pupils will take the Pledge with the right fist placed over the heart.
- Pupils must stand at attention throughout the singing of the National Anthem, the Pledge, the School Song and the Pupil’s Pledge.
- After arrival in school, no pupil may leave school for any reason without permission.
- Pupils attending extra lessons / CCA are also not leave the school for lunch or other reasons without informing the teacher concerned.
- Pupils who have to leave school during school hours, for whatever reasons, must provide a letter of excuse from their parents/guardians in advance to their FM Parent / Guardian needs to proceed to the General Office to sign the pupils out before leaving the school.
- In cases of emergency when a pupil has to leave the school, she can only do so if she is accompanied by a parent or guardian who signs her out in the General Office.
Absence from school
- A pupil who is absent from school must submit a letter of excuse or Medical Certificate to her FM upon her return.
- Pupils who are absent for CCA or Remedial / Supplementary / Enrichment lessons must also submit a letter of excuse to the teacher concerned.
- All pupils are expected to attend school during term time. Permission to take leave from school during term time will only be granted by the Principal upon advance notice and for appropriate reasons.
- Pupils will observe silence when moving from place to place in the school, when classes are in session or during assemblies.
- Food is only to be consumed in the canteen.
- Plates, bowls and cutlery used in the canteen must be returned to their respective collection bins.
- Littering is forbidden.
- Vandalism is an offence.
Consequences of Wrongful Conduct
Attire and appearance
- Pupils who do not observe rules of attire, particularly the school uniform will be booked by the prefects.
- Pupils who do not wear the school belt at the waist will have their belts sewn to their tunics.
- Pupils who do not conform to the rules regarding accessories and jewellery will have their items confiscated.
- Pupils who are booked three times for late coming will be issued a letter of warning followed by a call to their parents.
- Handphones, CD/MP3/4 players, electronic games, toys and expensive items brought to school will be confiscated. The confiscated items will be returned at the end of the school term.
- Pupils caught littering will be subjected to corrective behaviour.
- Pupils who consistently do not do their homework / school work or consistently forget to bring their books to school will be liable for detention class.
Suspension / Expulsion
- Pupils caught stealing, shoplifting, vandalizing or playing truant maybe liable for suspension or expulsion from schools. Parents of such pupils will be called in for a discussion with the Principal.